Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] Additional feedback to ebMS2.0 and CPPA

Doug,

Sorry for this late response. I was not following the
discussion after I posted the issues.

Here is my comments:

> > 1. xlink:type should be REQUIRED.
> >    In detail, XLINK specification defines that xlink:type
> >    to be REQUIRED, but ebXML MS spec defines that
> >    SOAPBody-Manifest-Reference-xlink:type
> >    is OPTIONAL. So ebXML MS spec should
> >    make it mandatory to conform to XLINK.
>
> The xlink:type value MUST be provided in the infoset resulting from
parsing an
> XML instance using the provided schema.  In our schema, the
> Reference@xlink:type attribute is fixed, meaning it is optional in the XML
> instance but required in the infoset (and will always have the value
> "simple").  Section 5.3 of the XLink Recommendation uses exactly the same
> schema mechanism.  I don't believe a change is required here.

We felt it was a little bit tricky, but it would be OK with us
to keep the current spec as is for that reason.

CollaborationProtocolAgreement/PartyInfo/CollaborationRole/Role@xlink:href
> >     There is description that URI is recommended for the value
> >     but sample of the CPPA specification is using the other one:
> >     @name : "Buyer"
> >     @xlink:href : "http://www.rosettanet.org/processes/3A4.xml#Buyer"
>
> I'm not entirely certain what the issue is here.  Are you commenting on
> another ambiguous interaction between the CPP/A or BPSS documents and an
ebXML
> Message conforming to those requirements, something similar to our earlier
> discussions around the Service and Action values?  If I remember
correctly,
> those earlier discussions were resolved (after discussion between the TC's
and
> with UN/CEFACT) in the CPP/A or BPSS specifications.  Our current
> specification certainly does not describe the specific source in a BPSS or
> CPP/A instance for the Service or Action values.  Are you suggesting a
> different approach for the Role element value or am I missing the real
issue?

As Cliff helped me to explain the issue, it seems
to be clarified now.
There were some interoperability problem
when one company is using a name and the other is
using xlink:href. But spec doesn't describe which
value we have to use. So we just need a clarification.

Thanks,

Iwasa