Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] FW: [security-services] Call for work item owners

Both.

The SAML TC had a task to say how to carry SAML assertions within ebMS.
So while doing that task for them we would prepare to do the second task
you mentioned. I think the second task would show suggested/recommended
ways to use SAML within ebMS to achieve authentication.

I am not certain about the official procedures to do this. I plan to
join Matt and just ask Eve M. how she wants us to proceed. I thought we
would  just meet and then submit a draft to them for review and
discussion. The sample SOAP binding/profile document has detailed info
on how to produce the required specification.

Are you interested in helping the SAML group with this task?

Thanks,
Dale

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug.Bunting@Sun.COM [mailto:Doug.Bunting@Sun.COM]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 4:34 PM
To: Dale Moberg
Cc: Matthew MacKenzie; ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] FW: [security-services] Call for work item
owners

Dale,

A clarification please: Does this work item relate to carrying SAML
assertions and other messages from that protocol using the ebXML
Messaging protocol?  This seems most appropriate for work within the
SAML (Security Services) TC.  The alternative is expanding the vague
reference to SAML as an authentication mechanism in our (ebXML Messaging

2.0) document.  Your added notes seem to lean in this direction.

thanx,
	doug

--
SunNetwork 2003 Conference and Pavilion
"An unparalleled event in network computing! Make the net work for you!"

WHEN:  September 16-18, 2003
WHERE: Moscone Center, San Francisco

For more information or to register for the conference, please visit:
http://www.sun.com/sunnetwork