Subject: 2.0c as XML

Since I am traveling with my laptop, for me to run OpenOffice would mean installing X11 on my Mac, and I don't want to do that. Instead, I'm experimenting with other ways of getting the content out and into a more sane state. What I have done is try all of Adobe Acrobat 6 Pro's <plug type="disgustinglyShameless">a wonderful product that you should all have copies of, the good news is that you can buy online from Adobe.com or resellers such as CDW</plug> output plug ins. The HTML ones didn't produce wonderful results since the formatting of the original .doc was so wonky, but the XML version shows promise because with some XSLT I can probably produce something usable, even if not directly publishable.

If you are curious, here is a link to the output: http://www.mac-kenzie.net/ebms_20c_Acro6_xml.zip
Matthew MacKenzie
Senior Architect
Intelligent Documents Business Unit