Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] wiki for spec collaboration

I think we should try it out!

One question, does the wiki get backed up (in case it gets attacked or
trashed?)

If not we should save copies of what we posted to reconstruct it.

Obviously not a wiki operations person,

Dale Moberg

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew MacKenzie [mailto:mattm@adobe.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 6:34 AM
To: ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ebxml-msg] wiki for spec collaboration

Group,

What do you think of collaborating on the 3.0 specification using Wiki?
  Basically, once our requirements list is updated, I can start the
basis of the 3.0 specification in a word processor.  It would contain
all of the boilerplate text + an outline of all of the sections.  That
would be posted on the wiki, and topics would be created for each
section.  We could all edit the document until some agreed upon time,
then I would transfer all of the text and images into the actual
document and begin a more traditional draft process.

If you are working offline, or we are at a face to face without net
connections, I would create a barebones word file with all of the
current wiki text for us to work on in the f2f, or you could just write
a text file and update the wiki with it next time you are online.

I think this could work and could speed up the process, as well as
leave us with a better quality spec.

Thoughts?
___________________________
Matthew MacKenzie
[...]