Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] Groups - ebXMLMessagingFAQ.htm uploaded

Ian,

A few general and late comments:
* 1. Suggest expanding "The option of guaranteed delivery" to "Options of
guaranteed or ordered delivery, with or without duplicate elimination".

* 1. Suggest combining the two "exchanges" features into "Support for both
synchronous and asynchronous exchanges".

* 1. Not sure the parenthetical piece applies to "vendor neutral".  I would
prefer we highlight a number of benefits along both the neutrality and
openness axes:
   - Vendor, platform, programming language neutral (able to be implemented
on any system using almost any language)
   - Recognised International standard (2.0 specification is an OASIS
Standard and ISO 15000-2)
   - Freely available for all to use and to implement (originally developed
under explicitly royalty free terms within the OASIS / UN/CEFACT process)

* What is a "base building block"?  I think you mean the protocol or the
specification.

* General.  I prefer the FAQ consistently capitalise the name of the
service as "ebXML Messaging".  The random lowercase "m"'s will confuse readers.

* 2. This answer should include something about the web service
technologies directly leveraged in ebXML Messaging 2.0 (SOAP 1.1, SOAP with
Attachments, XML Signature, ...).

* 6 & 7. Answer should refer to the latest ebXML Adoption Update[1] on the
Joint Marketing Team home page[2].  The likely-out-of-date Implementations
page[3] also comes to mind.

* This FAQ should also include discussion of current TC efforts, describing
2.1 and 3.0.  The value, technical composition, expected schedule and
current status of each deserve mention.  This would be a great place to
solicit comments on the 3.0 whitepaper, for example.  It also leads
directly to the positioning thread Jacques began and some discussion of 2.1
to 3.0 compatibility, migration and interoperability.

thanx,
	doug

[1] http://www.ebxml.org/documents/ebxml_adopt_update_122203.pdf
[2] http://www.ebxml.org/ebxml_jmt/