Subject: subversion repository for ebMS, review guidelines

Jeff and I have decided to use a revision control system to enable concurrent editing capability for the ebMS 3.0 specification. I've chosen to setup subversion because I think that OASIS is currently investigating deployment of subversion consortia-wide. It is (apparently) trivial to copy a subversion repository from one location to another.

Formal drafts will, of course, be placed into Kavi.

The neat thing about subversion is that it integrates with Apache/WebDAV, so you all can see the latest stuff at

http://b.ydcorp.com/ebms/trunk/ .

I will ask you, if you review a draft and make comments to reference the SVN revision number, as well as section/para info. For example:

Rev3: 11.2, para3: Blah is underspecified. Suggested content: ...

I would also request that comments be submitted 1 per email, and have a subject line that contains revision, section and issue name, e.g.

Subject: rev3:11.2:para3: Underspecification of feature foo

Thanks...

Matthew MacKenzie
Senior Architect