Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] Investigation Required: Trusted Timestamp

Add to the mix the OASIS Digital Signature Services TC, which has as
part of its charter:

  "[T]he TC will develop an XML-based protocol to produce cryptographic
  time stamps that can be used for determing whether or not a signature
  was created within the associated key's validity period or before
  revocation. This is required as part of the signature verification
  algorithm."

Such a protocol is outside our scope, but presumably they have defined
a signed timestamp element that could be inserted into a message.

Does ebMS have a delegate to the Security Joint Committee?  We might
poll them to get opinions on this.

--Pete

Thus spoke Dale Moberg (dmoberg@cyclonecommerce.com) on Thu, May 20, 2004 at 09:00:17AM -0700:

--