Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Discussion: payload reference for use in SOAP body. Survey of options before writing this up.

Title: Message
 I was leaning toward originally, just a bare fragment identifier --

uriref="#invoiceA"

Supposedly we can always use xml:id and not have to consult the schema to find information items with ID types.

But I think you misunderstand the escaping. (Or else I do.) I think that the escaping is done on characters in the content-id value.

For example, starting with

content-id: <foo%bar@something.com>

to construct the cid URI part of the URI-reference we remove the brackets

foo%bar@something.com

we escape reserved characters (the percent sign is reserved for indicating hex escapes so we have to escape the percent sign)
foo%25bar@something.com

We then append the scheme

cid:foo%25bar@something.com

And that is the URI part.

Now add the fragment (start is indicated by the hash mark #)

cid:foo%25bar@something.com#xmlns(s12=http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope) xpointer(/s12:envelope/s12:body)

That is the URI-reference, absolute path format.

You are doing the escaping backwards it seems to me. We have to escape some of the cid's character values because a cid can have characters in it that are not legal in URIs.

Whew.