Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] more about MEPs

I am no longer sure about what problem we are trying to solve with "pull".

Is the issue getting all messages (acknowledgements, Faults and inbound
business payloads) *back* across a firewall that permits only outbound
communication?  If this is the case, do we need to further worry about the
system at the other end not supporting immediate (synchronous) acknowledgement?

Is the issue supporting senders and receivers which are not continuously
available in some slightly-more-efficient manner?  That is, are we avoiding
one side resending while the other is off line?  If this is the case, an
asynchronous pull would make sense.

ebMS 2.0 had an SMTP binding that seemed to cover both cases...

thanx,
	doug