Subject: London F2F meeting location details

Team / Guests

For those people planning to come to the face to Face meeting in London next week.

The meeting will be held in BT Angel Centre, St John Street, London. A simple map is displayed on the following web page:

http://www.btexact.bt.com/aboutus/offices/ukoffices?doc=41001&page=5

As shown on the web page the nearest London Underground (tube) station is Angel (one branch of the Northern Line Only).  On exiting turn left and walk toward the junction approximately 100m/yards and Angel Centre is diagonally opposite. (Large dark building)  All other underground stations and Kings Cross Rail Station are at least a 20 minute walk.  (London Underground maps can be very deceptive as they show connections not real distances between places.)

 Underground map: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/pdfdocs/colormap.pdf

I intend to be there from 9am on September 29th, to start about 9:15.  I will have to meet you at reception.  If I am not there, we are meeting in Room 3B 05 and security will call the room to arrange for me to collect you.  I expect we will start at 9:00 on Thursday and Friday as well.

For those of you flying in to London Heathrow, the quickest way to Central London is using the Heathrow express (15 minutes every 15 minutes) and then change to a taxi, or tube to your final destination depending on how light you are travelling.  The cheaper but substantially longer method is the Tube directly from Heathrow.  If you are flying into London Gatwick you need to use the train to get to London Victoria – the Gatwick express is the fastest  (30 Minutes every 15 minutes).  Then use a Taxi or the Tube.

I would advise against using a Taxi directly from the airport unless you have lots of luggage or are travelling with someone due to the likely cost.

If you want more information please –email me and I’ll try to help.