Subject: AW: [ebxml-bp] Closing the gap between MSI and BSI and move on

Hi Dale,

So MSI part is as I understand.

The BSI part becomes a bit vague. Its abstract, its virtual, its logical, all well and good but at one point it has to become specific.

So what we agree is that whatever the BSI is, it will be responsible for BPSS signals.

So what is a specific BSI?

o J2EE applications, busses, simple backend application, series of web services, currently íts just about anything ...

I can argue contrary that you do not want to give the responsibilities of the BPSS signals to all and everything being part of the BSI. This is the opposite to rip out existing applications or internal data formats.

So I see two cases:

1) A BSI is anything spread among anything at one party
2) A BSI (or BSH) is a specific component (a ebBP business process engine) which takes on the responsibity of the BPSS signals. A component that is build for ebBP´s.

With the second case we could close the gap between BSI and MSI.

But with the second case we still have not integrated with the actual backend applications, services. With this approach we would at least, have a proper ebXML chain consisting of BSI and MSI.

Following private business processes from too far away it seems to me that private business process engines (such as WSBPEIL) are discussed today as a solution for private business processes.

If we were at this stage we would still have the gap between the BSI and WSBPEL. That would be the next task.

To come back to the BPSS signals. If a WSBPEL instance knows to communicate with a BSI and vice verca, a WSBPEL instance would know about BPSS signals, such as Acceptance Acknowledgements.

So, having a specific BSI (with an interface between BSI and MSI) and an interface between BSI and WSBPEL for example is ONE way to get where we want.

Regards

Sacha