Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] Authenticatio/Authorization on "pull" messageover a MPF.

Title: Re: [ebxml-msg] Authenticatio/Authorization on "pull" message over a MPF.
I think mandating HTTP basic auth and WSS Username token profile is a reasonable compromise solution. For many ebMS MSHs it should be very easy to support both solutions. For other distributed ebMS solutions, I suspect as you do, that something could be kludged up. For the username token profile, if the MSH Vendor does not have an easy way to pass authentication data from their WSS module to the ebMS module, I can imagine the WSS module being bypassed. The WSS username token profile headers could be dealt with directly in the ebMS module. The username token profile is simple enough that relying on a third party library should not be required.

-ric