Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] Authenticatio/Authorization on "pull" message overa MPF.

Hi everyone

You probably know all this already ...

For sending an email from my email client (running on a different
network than my email server which is accessible in the public Internet
network) I use SMTP (over TLS) with SASL for authentication. SASL is RFC
2554 [1].

For receiving email I am using IMAP4rev1 (over SSL) where I also have
authentication enabled (currently username password). With the username
I only get to the email message store for that user. In the postfix
email server I use this translates to a directory which holds all the
emails in a "MailDir" structure.

These may be related working standards which could be used for ebMS (for
the pull part). But maybe you have to stay in the WS* domain ... maybe.

Sorry I have not followed your discussions so excuse me if this is
off-topic.

Regards

Sacha

[1] http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2554.html