Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Introduction

Raja,

Good to hear from you - I'm working on a complimentary project to yours at NIH in Bethesda for Grants applications.  I've worked with your code base.  We are using Hermes v1 currently as the foundation for our S2Sclient interchanges - http://era.nih.gov/electronicreceipt/system.htm

We too are also handling staged delivery (push / pull) - and so we've been tracking the v3.0 extensions that support that - you will find they are comprehensive and documentation detailed.

Yes - the team here have been working hard on defining the interoperablity between v2 and v3 - you can find doc's at the OASIS site that detail those.

Your chunking mechanism actually is an implementation approach NIH are also considering.  Right now NIH are handling 100+MB payloads "as is" - but we are faced with potential for 500+MB - so we will probably look at that in 2007.  I'm not sure there is anything specific needed in ebMS itself - since this is payload handling details - other than stage delivery to push/pull the parts across.

I'm not sure about WS-RM - we are using CPA here at NIH along with the RM in Hermes and that is working very well for us.

Good to have you participating here and welcome!

DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [ebxml-msg] Introduction
From: Business Networks <kailar@bnetal.com>
Date: Thu, November 09, 2006 10:49 am
To: ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org

Hello,

I just became a member of this TC and wanted to introduce myself to the group.

I am the architect of CDC's PHIN Messaging System (PHINMS), which is based on ebMS 2.0. PHINMS uses XML Encryption and XML DSIG standards for payload level encryption and signature. This software is described at http://www.cdc.gov/phin/software-solutions/phinms/index.html. I am also the CTO of Business Networks International, an Atlanta GA based security consulting firm (see links below).

As I mentioned in yesterdays call, a few extensions that PHINMS made to ebMS 2.0 were to handle:

1) very large (in Gb range) payloads using chunking
2) push/pull type interactions via a gateway (to handle sites that wanted to receive by polling the gateway)

There may be other such extensions that may be candidates for inclusion in future versions of the standard. As I remember them, I will share them with this group. Also, as a new member, I have some basic questions:

a) Is ebMS 3.0 designed to interoperate (over the wire) with ebMS 2.0?
b) Is interoperability with WS-Reliable Messaging a future goal of ebMS?

Thanks,
Raja Kailar

Raja Kailar, Ph.D.
CTO, Business Networks International, Inc.
Ph: (770) 399 0433
Cell: (678) 358 6553
Fax: (770) 234 6685
kailar@bnetal.com