Subject: WD 18 and 2 New Issues

This draft should be a good candidate for the next (hopefully final)
Public Review.  Please review the changes with that in mind, and plan
to vote on CD+PR approval at tomorrow's meeting.

An important note, regarding new issue CORE-107:

The namespace URI we had been using was arbitrarily chosen, and was
not a location (if resolved) that we have access to on the OASIS web
server.  While the namespace need not be resolvable, of course, the
schemaLocation hint should be.  And current best practice dictates
that the namespace URI also be resolvable to a RDDL-annotated index
document, which in turn refers to all relevant specifications and
schemas that describe that namespace.

See <http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200702> for a recent
example.

So I've updated both to new, permanent, resolvable URIs.

Former namespace URI & schemaLocation:
  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/schema/msg-header-3_0.xsd

New namespace URI:
  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-msg/ebms-3.0
New schemaLocation URL:
  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-msg/ebms-3.0/schema/ebms-header-3_0.xsd

One more new issue to think about is CORE-109.  In crafting the Signed
Receipt example for Section 7.9.3, it wasn't obvious what References
to the received message's signed parts should look like.

Recall that local References, when appearing in the original
message under Security/Signature, are often either a cid: or an xml:id
fragment identifier, of the form "cid:mime-message-part@example.com";
or "#xml-id-of-payload-or-header-element".

So how shall we refer remotely to the (XML or MIME) parts of a message
whose unique identifier is found in
.../eb:Messaging/eb:UserMessage/eb:MessageInfo/eb:MessageId ?

--Pete

Thus spoke Pete.Wenzel@Sun.COM (Pete.Wenzel@Sun.COM) on Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 10:08:14PM +0000:

--
Pete Wenzel <pete.wenzel@sun.com>