Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Groups - doc version of the ebMS3 Part 2 (ebms3-advanced-wd-01.doc) uploaded

Hamid:

This is indeed just contribution material, that will need to be
challenged by the final agreed requirements, and by the pressure to keep
the "model"  minimal.

Its main merit will be to fuel the discussion on part 2.

How the notion of MEP as defined in part 1 still works in a multi-hop
context is one of the challenges. I believe the two layers (ebMS MEP /
transport-channel-bound ebMS MEPs)still make sense in a multi-hop
context:

- ebMS MEPs (e.g. one-way, two-way) have a business justification: are
defined between two parties (or their MSHs) regardless of intermediaries
in between. They are still valid in a multi-hop context and map to
business transactions that ignore protocol binding issues &
intermediaries.

- transport-channel-bound ebMS MEPs will need to define further how they
make use of intermediaries when these are on the way, in addition to
defining how they make use of the underlying protocol.

We don't know yet if we need to actually "represent" complex
transport-channel-bound MEPs over several MSHs (i.e. define these
end-to-end in a P-Mode). We know that the minimal info each intermediary
will need to have, is for doing its part of the routing/processing.

-Jacques