Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] About intermediaries

Ric:

You caught me writing things a little too quickly here.
You are right: the ebMS header should not - must not - be altered by
intermediaries.
So this seems to imply that multi-hop routing always requires each
message to use the same MPC all along, the MPC becoming de-facto an
end-to-end channel.

In this case multi-hop forwarding would fall into one of these 2
categories:

- either the MPC is used as routing function, by associating each
routing path unambiguously with a single MPC end-to-end.
- or the MPC is not sufficient to determine the routing, which makes use
of additional routing functions. But even in that case, each message
must still use the same MPC end-to-end.

In both cases, the "forward" intermediary operation will need to comply
with this MPC invariant (the P-modes configuring the intermediaries must
reflect this).

All this is to be distinguished from routing uniquely based on other
headers, say WS-addressing, in which case the intermediary does NOT need
be an ebMS intermediary in the sense it does not need to understand the
ebMS header - and is out of scope of this MPC invariant.

Jacques