Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Pim on routing intermediaries, WS-ReliableMessaging

Jacques,

Yes - I think the ability to do status checks definately beckons eventually.

I like what you suggest - good lightweight logical next step.

During the BCM work and then ebBP - we identified the need in extended collaborations to have a "linking and switching" status tracking service.

This is way more than what's needed for message delivery of course - but then again - the types of mechanisms could definately be interchangeable / reusable here.

Since right now each ebBP / ebMS is responsible for its own status tracking - the obvious next logic step is to provide centralized status checking services.  We've explored this model in BCM - the linking and switching Appendix B spec' - which uses the Prolog assertion/retraction predicate based approach.

At some point we will need to get serious about enabling that all - would be a very cool facility - incredibly useful for all kinds of applications...

; -)

Cheers, DW