Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] Hopping along

Jacques,

okay, looks logical to me to rename the interconnected gateways model to interconnected hubs. The tree like topology as shown in the third picture could imo be a nice example of the bridge domain case. In that case some partners are connected to a domain hub and several domain hubs are connected to interdomain gateways.

Regards
Sander

@team: Forget to cc first message to list, so attachments included again.

topologies.doc

JPEG image

On 17 mei 2008, at 04:47, Durand, Jacques R. wrote:
Sander:

that looks consistent with what I intend to put in the doc...
I think Interconnected Gateways could be renamed "Interconnected Hubs" ?
I was considering a 3rd topology more like the bridged Domains Pim discussed before, which is fairly close to Interconnected Hubs, except that  some intermediaries doing the bridging are called Gateways.

Jacques

From: Sander Fieten [mailto:sander@fieten-it.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 1:49 PM
To: Durand, Jacques R.

Jacques,

I don't know if you already started the section on the topologies, but I have some text describing two topologies (attached). This is basically text from the earlier requirements document I wrote. In that document I only mentioned two topolgies, the hub-and-spoke and the interconnected gateways. I'm not sure how these match to the topologies from your outline. I did however create a figure for a tree like topology, which looks a usefull example.

Regards,
Sander