Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] Groups - Using ebMS dummy headers to route WS-RM lifecycle messages.doc uploaded

I think this proposal differs so significantly from the V3 core spec
that we can't say that endpoints conforming to the core spec are able
to connect to an I-Cloud with only a change in configuration. To me
this seems to be a big problem of this proposal.

The WS-A EPR option might also not be specified in the core spec but
the usage of ws-rm requires an endpoint to know the EPR of the
destination. In the point-to-point situation this is simple because
the URL of the other endpoint is its EPR, no reference parameters are
needed. In the multi-hop case however the URL it unknown, so
additional information is needed to indentitfy the destination. It
would be logical that the extra information is expressed in EPR
parameters. So it could be reasoned that this option is within the
core spec (although I admit it is certainly not straightfoward).

Drawback of the WS-A EPR approach is that intermediaries have to look
in two places for addressing/routing information. In ebMS user
messages in the ebMS messages and otherwise in the WS-A header. This
based on the assumption that ebMS user message will not contain a WS-A
header because this would only duplicate already available information.

Sander