Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Multi-hop MEP channel bindings

Working on reflecting Sander's remark in the next draft.

To summarize:
As an alternative to the "multihop extension Pmode block" that I
suggested, we could consider a Pmode update where:
(a)- the MEP binding for each endpoint can be decoupled (default is the
one specified "at the top of the Pmode" that applies to both endpoints
as of today).
(b)- the parameters that specify a "reply mode" for all kinds of
messages (errors, Acks, Receipts...) can also be decoupled (default is
the ones we have today that apply to an end-to-end transfer, which still
makes sense in cases such as an "all sync" 2-hop across a Hub.
(c) there is still a need - in most cases - for additional multihop
parameters such as routing info. These also should be decoupled between
the 2 endpoints concerned by the Pmode.

Is that a fair summary of what to explore, in order to minimize the
impact of migrating from peer-to-peer to a multihop context, in terms of
Pmode deployment?

Jacques

-----Original Message-----
From: Sander Fieten [mailto:sander@fieten-it.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 10:15 AM
To: ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ebxml-msg] Multi-hop MEP channel bindings

Jacques,

in the section on MEP channel bindings you define the bindings for all
legs of the path including both the first and last leg. Doesn't the use
of such kind of channel bindings imply that two endpoints involved in
the same MEP know of each other how they communicate with the I- Cloud
(i.e. the intermediary they are connected to) ? I think it would be
better that endpoints don't know about the binding used on other legs of
the path. I.m.o. the important thing of having other bindings than the
ones defined in the core spec should be that the new multi- hop bindings
trigger different behavior with respect to non ebMS user messages. This
way only three multi-hop bindings would be required:
multi-push, multi-pull and multi-sync.

Sander