Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Groups - ebXML Messaging TC weekly call added

Pim,

It would be very good if we could publish a short committee draft to cover off updates to V2.0 for implementers to address these updates.

Once that is available then we can post links so that implementers can locate what they need.

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Pim van der Eijk" <pvde@sonnenglanz.net>
Date: Mon, October 06, 2008 3:01 am
To: <ian.c.jones@bt.com>, <ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org>

Ian,

Two other items to discuss:

1) There is a question at ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org and
ebxml-msg-comment@lists.oasis-open.org about an issue with the ebMS 2.0 XML
schema. I believe this is an old issue, does someone have a reference to an
earlier response?

2) There is a new working group at W3C to revise XML Security, in
particular XML Canonicalization and XML Signature. They are looking for use
cases and requirements and believe ebXML could provide some. The Second
Edition of XML Signature is now a W3C Recommendation, and the group suggests
that references to XML Signature be updated to refer to the Second Edition,
so this might be errata work for us to consider. We are obviously focussed
on ebMS 3.0 right now, but ebMS 2.0 is and remains widely used.

Pim