Subject: RE: [regrep] Re: [ebxml-msg] HHS and ebXML / ISO15000

Farrukh,

Appreciate following this up ith Bill - he is very reputable.

I'm not sure the logic he mentions holds however - since the HITSP mention several generic web service specifications.  Plus they are missing OASIS spec's such as EDXL - which are directly relevant.

Then there is the minor detail of the entire CDC-PHIN emergency response system being run by ebXML messaging 24x7

I will take an other look to make doubly sure.

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [regrep] Re: [ebxml-msg] HHS and ebXML / ISO15000
From: Farrukh Najmi <farrukh@wellfleetsoftware.com>
Date: Mon, February 02, 2009 3:03 pm
To: "David RR Webber (XML)" <david@drrw.info>
Cc: "regrep@lists.oasis-open.org" <regrep@lists.oasis-open.org>,
ebcore@lists.oasis-open.org, ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org, Jamie Clark
<jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>

Here is a response from Bill Majurski quoted with his permission of NIST:

"
The spec David reference is published by HITSP ((http://www.hitsp.org/)
<http://www.hitsp.org/%29> and is an interoperability specification for
healthcare. As I understand it they are starting to clean up their
specification listings and remove generic standards in favor of
healthcare specific interoperability specifications (that reference the
more generic standards). Since IHE XDS is listed and it references ebXML
Registry, your work is still referenced but indirectly. That's my take
anyway, I don't work with HITSP. If you want to take it up with HITSP
directly, their web page, above, has a list of contacts and you should
contact them directly.
"

Thanks.

David RR Webber (XML) wrote:
> Folks,
>
> What is going on here? Are vendors taking over the standard
> selection process within HHS?
>
> On Wednesday, HHS released for comment the health care
> interoperability standards; see
> http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2009/pdf/E9-1068.pdf . There are a lot
> of references to HL7 and IHE standards, but ebXML Registry was
> specifically dropped; see page 4 (3602).
>
> Also - I believe HL7 has endorsed ebMS V3 - so this should be
> reflected in HHS too.
>
> Can we make official comments back to HHS from ISO and OASIS?
>
> Clearly with the number of European health organizations using ebXML
> messaging and Registry standards - HHS needs to be compatible with
> those partners systems - especially for delivery support to citizens
> overseas but also on basic information sharing levels - particularly
> for global epidemic and emergency management.
>
> Thanks, DW
> generates this mail. Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:

Farrukh

Web: http://www.wellfleetsoftware.com