Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] uploaded rev27 of multihop draft

Here are two comments on this latest draft, one editorial and the other more substantive.

Pim

//

Running Notes

#19 wsa:Action in RoutingInput for Receipts

Draft #27 writes in lines 702-710:

In case the message is an eb:Receipt for a message containing any of the above Action value, it is RECOMMENDED that the wsa:Action value reuses the same value, with “.receipt” as suffix. E.g.:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-msg/ebms/v3.0/ns/core/200704/twoWay.request.receipt

But when a Receipt is sent to a regular ebMS message, that message did not have any wsa:Action with these values. Proposal would be to rephrase this to:

In case the message contains an eb:Receipt for an ebMS user message, it is RECOMMENDED that the wsa:Action value has a similar value based on whether the whether the received message is One Way message or the request or a response in a Two Way message exchange, again with “.receipt” as suffix:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-msg/ebms/v3.0/ns/core/200704/oneWay.receipt
(for the receipt of a One Way message exchange)

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-msg/ebms/v3.0/ns/core/200704/twoWay.request.receipt (for the receipt of a request message in a Two Way message exchange)

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-msg/ebms/v3.0/ns/core/200704/twoWay.reply.receipt (for the receipt of a response messages in a Two Way message exchange)

#20 Signing WS-A headers

The core spec reference the ebMS header using an XML ID and payload using the cid: references.

WS-I RSP (section 4.5) requires WS-Addressing to be signed.  What does such a signed message look like?  Do we add an “id” attribute to the wsa headers and add ds:Reference elements for them?

The example I posted should be updated to also sign the wsa headers, they now only ds:Reference the eb3:Messaging and ebint:RoutingInput elements and payloads.