Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Section 2.4.5 Compliance with the SOAP Intermediary Model: initial questions and reservations

Title: Re: [ebxml-msg] Section 2.4.5 Compliance with the SOAP Intermediary Model: initial questions and reservations

The nextMSH role was what we used in version 2. And it was a role all MSHes were to assume. It does seem to be a solution. I suggest we say that all intermediate MSHes should process in such a way that the next hop is sent the same headers as those received when targeded at nextMSH. This avoids the convoluted “remove and reinsert” language and the warnings not to break the signature that we discussed. Just specify the required results and not any words about what processing steps are taken…

From: Jacques R. Durand [mailto:JDurand@us.fujitsu.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:01 PM
To: Sander Fieten; ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org

An ebms role would be the most compliant solution, agree.

But this role needs be assigned to eb:Messaging header which is also indended to the ultimate receiver.

So end-point MSHs - not just intermediaries - need also act in this role.

(which is good as I think message content - at least for User message - should not depend on whether it goes through the I-Cloud or not.)

-jacques