Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] FW: [ebxml-dev] EbMS interopability: Content-typestart parameternot matching content-id

Title: FW: [ebxml-dev] EbMS interopability: Content-type start parameternot matching  content-id
The Drummond Group has been conducting interoperability tests for ebMS2 for 8 years now (which has included Cleo and Oracle), and as far as my reasearch has shown, we have no history of this being an interop issue -- at least one that required any sort of special "consensus item" discussion and resolution.

Sander Fieten wrote:
Hi guys,

there’s a error in the example in section 2.1.2 of the V2 ebMS spec with regard to the value for Content-id. The example shows the cid [incorrectly] without the angle brackets (“<“ “>”) in the start parameter of the Content-Type MIME header field of the multi part. The Content-Id MIME header of the related part however has the cid enclosed in brackets.

Should we correct this? It seems that it can lead to confusion (see the mail below).

Regards,
Sander

------ Forwarded Message
From: Andy Evett <AEvett@cleo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 15:24:51 +0200
To: Julien R <jurenit.jurenit@gmail.com>, Michael O'Connell <mike@flame.co.za>, Sander Fieten <sander@fieten-it.com>
Cc: <ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org>

Hi all,

Cleo chose to follow the example in the ebMS specification.  LexiCom does accept incoming messages with or without the enclosing '<' and '>' in the start parameter, but for outgoing messages LexiCom will leave off the enclosing characters.

I do see though that even the ebMS specification itself is inconsistent as examples in Appendix B show the syntax suggested.  If this is causing interoperability issues, please contact support-ec@cleo.com and we will look at adding a formatting option.

Regards,
Andy Evett
Cleo Communications