Subject: Groups - OASIS ebXML Messaging Services Version 3.0: Part 2, Advanced Features (v46) (ebMS3-part2-V48.odt) uploaded

I've updated section 2.8, mostly on formatting. While editing I came
accross the following issues which I also have added notes for in the
document.

The new PMode parameter does not define parameters for all child elements
of RoutingInput. How are these values set? Outside scope of PMode
configuration? Might be okay, but should be described (imo).

The second note on the definition of the EPR parameter states the
requirement that RoutingInput.Initiator must be equal to PMode.Initiator.
But the EPR parameter may occur in several places in the PMode. I would
expect that this requirement only applies to
Pmode.{Initiator,Responder}.EPR and not for other EPR's. Because for
response one might want to use different values than the original.
If this is a general requirement, then why add these parameters instead of
requiring to use the values from Pmode.{Initiatior, Responder}?

The intention of the third note is not clear to me.
It seems to suggest that EPR.BusinessInfo.{Service, Action, Properties,
MPC} may contain multiple values.
I assume however that only one value is allowed and the intention of this
paragraph is to say that multiple EPR parameter may point to the same ebMS
endpoint.

I think addresses referred to in the first note on PMode.Initiator.EPR have
different semantics:
PMode[].Protocol.Address is the URI of the Receiver MSH.
Pmode.Initiator.EPR.Address is the URI that identifies the WS-A EPR that
represents the MSH of the Initiator.
Therefor the EPR.Address and Protocol.Address should be different with the
Protocol.Address identifying the MSH the message will be sent to. This of
course could be an intermediary, in which case the EPR.Address is
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-msg/ebms/v3.0/ns/part2/200811/icloud
The AcksTo.EPR and AcksTo parametes are also used in this way.

The wsa:To header is not used by the routing function, so option (2)
described in the second note on PMode.Initiator.EPR is not supported by
this spec.

Why is there no default EPR for
Pmode[1].Reliability.AtLeastOnce.Contract.AcksTo.EPR?

Section 2.8.2 on the migrating from point-to-point to multi-hop seems to
suggest that minimal changes are required. But what about the EPR PMode
parameters that may be needed?

Regards,
Sander

 -- Mr. Sander Fieten

The document revision named OASIS ebXML Messaging Services Version 3.0:
Part 2, Advanced Features (v46) (ebMS3-part2-V48.odt) has been submitted by
Mr. Sander Fieten to the OASIS ebXML Messaging Services TC document
repository.  This document is revision #18 of ebMS3-part2-V32-JD.odt.

Document Description:

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=35776

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/35776/ebMS3-part2-V48.odt

Revision:
This document is revision #18 of ebMS3-part2-V32-JD.odt.  The document
details page referenced above will show the complete revision history.

-OASIS Open Administration