Subject: Groups - OASIS ebXML Messaging Services Version 3.0: Part 2, Advanced Features (v46) (ebMS3-part2-V49.odt) uploaded

All,

in this version I edited section 2.8 to reflect the results of our
discussions based on my earlier comments. One of them was that the PMode
migration was not completed defined.
While editing I found it is more logical to first define the general
concept of PMode units and the requirements on their alignment and then
explain how to migrate. Therefore I changed the order of sections 2.8.2 and
2.8.3.
Current section 2.8.3 on migration also still needs to be completed. I was
also wondering if it should be in the spec altogether as it is more an
informative section than a normative one. Maybe it is better moved to an
appendix?

In this version I also made some editorial changes to section 2.9 and added
some question / comments on sections 2.9 till 3.2 which I repeat below.

Regards,
Sander

2.9:
In this section WS-SecureConversation is mentioned several times and also
new PMode parameters are defined for it. WS-SecureConversation is however
not mentioned in the Core spec. So it seems out of scope for ebMS V3. Why
is it then introduced here in the context of multi-hop?

When it is needed do the new PMode suffice to complete configure
WS-SecureConversation?

3.2.1:
On line 1839 (changes shown) I assume wsu:Timestamp should be
wsu:Timestamp/wsu:Created ?

To me the intention of the list on how a one-way user message can be
bundled with another message (lines 1845-1850) is unclear. It seems that
the message can be bundled with any message flowing in the same direction.
Also why is this list limited to one-was user messages?

Also the statements on lines 1851-1853 are not specific to bundling and I
don't see what their relevance is here.

3.2.2:
Which PMode is intended in the second bullet on the configuration of
receipts? Based on the remark on non-repudation of receipt above the
bullets I would assume the PMode governing the message unit (not
necessarily the PMode of the primary unit).

If the receipt covers more than the original message is it then still a
valid receipt?

When the configuration of the primary PMode is used to sign the receipt and
the certificates of the primary PMode and the secondary PMode differ, is
the receipt still a valid receipt?

 -- Mr. Sander Fieten

The document revision named OASIS ebXML Messaging Services Version 3.0:
Part 2, Advanced Features (v46) (ebMS3-part2-V49.odt) has been submitted by
Mr. Sander Fieten to the OASIS ebXML Messaging Services TC document
repository.  This document is revision #19 of ebMS3-part2-V32-JD.odt.

Document Description:

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=35993

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/35993/ebMS3-part2-V49.odt

Revision:
This document is revision #19 of ebMS3-part2-V32-JD.odt.  The document
details page referenced above will show the complete revision history.

-OASIS Open Administration