Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Large file transmission using AS2 restart

Hello Dale,

The draft IETF document expires on April 4th.   What is the
next step for this spec?

Pim

-----Original Message-----
From: Moberg Dale [mailto:dmoberg@axway.com]
Sent: 24 March 2010 17:13
To: Pim van der Eijk; ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Large file transmission using AS2
restart

I asked Terry Harding (author/editor) of the draft and he
and I agree that there is no obstacle in using the procedure
with any HTTP POST based protocol. There is a new HTTP
header with an ID, and there is state to retain on the
receiver(and sender) side. The receiver also needs to
support the HEAD HTTP request.

(It also pretends that a GET request on the resource URI
exists and is defined so that it would have a content-length
associated with it that the HEAD requests return. This
content-length number allows the sender to know where to
restart, if necessary.)

Remember that the document is currently an Internet-Draft
and not yet a RFC.