Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Groups - ebXML Messaging TC weekly call added

The WS-Security 1.1 SOAP with attachments profile and the
WS-I Basic Security Profile 1.1 support an Attachment
Complete Signature MIME Part Reference Transform, which
signs the MIME part content as well as the
Content-Description, Content-Disposition, Content-ID,
Content-Location and Content-Type MIME part headers.  All of
this is possible, and is only possible, if the basic MIME
envelope structure is determined, including all relevant
MIME parts and headers, at a higher level than WS-Security.
This is all that is needed for the split/join module to be
able to process the message as described in the draft spec.

After the large message MIME envelope is split, a series of
new MIME envelope structures is created, with different MIME
part separators and a new pre-pended SOAP root part. Those
structures can flow through the lower SOAP processing chain
modules as separate MIME envelopes.  Processing at those
layers may affect MIME parts (e.g. encrypting them) and SOAP
headers (adding headers).  At the receiving end, those
operations are reversed (MIME parts decrypted, SOAP headers
removed), the join reconstitutes the larger MIME envelope,
parses it, and the MSH proceeds to higer-level (e.g. ebMS)
processing as if the large message had been received as a
single message.

Pim