Subject: Re: [TC Admin] RE: Presentation for webinar - review cycle issue

Hi Jacques, Ian, et al,

  Personally, I agree with you. I don't see any reason why something approved by the TC (as long as it has been approved by the TC as at least a Committee Note Draft) can't be presented. That said, as TC Administrator it's my responsibility to enforce the process.

  I am a proponent of each TC having one or more 'stock' presentations that discuss each of their work products that have been created, approved, reviewed, and available to be used whenever needed. Of course it's likely that these would need to be updated over time and possibly to have 'late breaking news' added to them at a moment's notice. And yes, it is only the actual powerpoint that is considered a deliverable; there is no requirement to write complete speaker's notes without which most slide decks are rendered almost useless unless one is accustomed to writing their entire presentation on the slides themselves.

  The ebxml-msg TC is not alone in raising this issue and we are looking into the best way to resolve this issue given that it's only specified in the FAQ and not the TC Process itself. That said, the Board Process Committee was responsible for writing and reviewing the FAQ and they approved its contents. I anticipate trying to schedule a meeting where the vast majority of Board committee members are present as well as representatives from each of the Adoption TCs and other interested parties. I feel it's important that the Board Members hear directly from the members; hopefully that will have more of an impact than my lone voice.

Mary