Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Groups - AS4-Profile-csd04-wd-13.odt (AS4-Profile-csd04-wd-13.odt) uploaded

Hello Theo,

I think you're right on (i).  The schema requires some
namespace-qualified content in the eb:Receipt, so it cannot
be empty.   In creating examples for the spec I only looked
at the cases where the ebBP element is used, with
WS-Security, and I didn't check this case.

One solution is to change the spec to ALWAYS use the
ebbp:NonRepudiationInformation element, as follows:

The ebbp:MessagePartNRInformation element has a choice
content.  In cases where the original message was signed
using WS-Security, the ds:Reference elements in the received
message (validated by the WS-Security module in the
receiving MSH) can be used in generating a Receipt, as
currently already specified in the spec. This uses the
second option in the type definition:

	<xsd:element name="MessagePartNRInformation">
		<xsd:complexType>
			<xsd:choice>
				<xsd:element
name="MessagePartIdentifier"
type="bpssignal:non-empty-string"/>
				<xsd:element
ref="ds:Reference"/>
			</xsd:choice>
		</xsd:complexType>
	</xsd:element>

Now to address your comment, we could change the profile and
use the first choice in situations where no WS-Security was
used in the received message, i.e. cases where there are no
ds:Reference elements that can be reused.   In this case,
the first option in the type definition is still an option.
I would propose that the profile REQUIRES the content of the
NonRepudiationInformation element to be a single
MessagePartNRInformation element with MessagePartIdentifier
content, with value set to the eb3:MessageId of the received
message.

A valid Signal Message based on this would look like the
following:

         <eb3:SignalMessage>
            <eb3:MessageInfo>

<eb3:Timestamp>2011-05-01T12:26:11.176Z</eb3:Timestamp>
               <eb3:MessageId>d1e7_messageid</eb3:MessageId>

<eb3:RefToMessageId>orders123@buyer.example.com</eb3:RefToMe
ssageId>
            </eb3:MessageInfo>
            <eb3:Receipt>
               <ebbp:NonRepudiationInformation>
                  <ebbp:MessagePartNRInformation>

<ebbp:MessagePartIdentifier>orders123@buyer.example.com</ebb
p:MessagePartIdentifier>
                  </ebbp:MessagePartNRInformation>
               </ebbp:NonRepudiationInformation>
            </eb3:Receipt>
         </eb3:SignalMessage>

These receipts would do fine for the "Minimal Profile".

I'd be interested in other views on this, and I'll let
Jacques and others respond to (ii).

Pim