Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Groups - AS4-Profile-csd04-wd-13.odt(AS4-Profile-csd04-wd-13.odt) uploaded

Theo:

About your point (ii):
It seems to be a classical case of possible conflict between two configuration items...

- assume PMode[1].ReceptionAwareness: is "true". Then the original Producer of the user message to be acknowledged, must generate an error if no eb:Receipt is received in time.
- Now if PMode[1].Security.SendReceipt is set to "false" at the same time then of course the MSH receiving the user message must NOT send a Receipt.

So in this case, to comply with AS4 the sending MSH (sending the user message) must send back an error to the receiving MSH even though the latter was not supposed to send a Receipt...
We could update definition of PMode[1].ReceptionAwareness in 3.2:

"The following additional P-Mode parameters are defined  and MUST be supported:
PMode[1].ReceptionAwareness: (true / false). When set to true, the PMode[1].Security.SendReceipt must also be set to true.

-jacques

-----Original Message-----
From: Theo Kramer [mailto:theo@flame.co.za]
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2011 4:03 AM
To: ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org

On 22 Apr 2011, at 10:10 AM, pvde@sonnenglanz.net wrote:

> Based on comments from TC Admin (Paul Knight),  I reviewed the draft to mix
> (quite a few) citation errors that nobody seems to have spotted before.
> Please review this document very thorougly ..

Two problem areas Mike and I picked up

i   Section 5.1.8 - 'Profiling Rule (a): Receipts for reception awareness' states the following

    If this element is not used, then eb:Receipt MUST be empty.

    However, the schema definition for Receipt is as follows

    <xsd:complexType name="Receipt">
        <xsd:sequence>
            <xsd:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
        </xsd:sequence>
    </xsd:complexType>

    with minOccurs not defined. If that is the case then minOccurs defaults to 1.
    Also see http://www.w3schools.com/schema/schema_complex_indicators.asp

    Is this not a problem in the spec ?

ii  PMode[1].Security.SendReceipt: support required (true/false)
    Should the (true/false) be there ?

    This in light of 3.2
    'Reception awareness error handling (REQUIRED support)'
    so if consumer MSH ..SendReceipt is set to false then producer MSH must report an error ?

    And also section 3.4 bullets 2 and 3.

--
Regards
Theo