Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Problem with pull

Hi Theo,

I think the example is wrong here, and the spec is correct.
The only thing that has to match between request and user
message is the MPC, and the user message should be of a
PMode that is expected with this MPC.  Your assumptions
about being able to queue a signed message and for messages
to be pulled from intermediaries seem correct to me,  and
your implementations seems to make the correct choices.  If
a UserMessage has a RefToMessageId,  it is a reference to a
previous UserMessage that it is a business response message
to. (This would never happen in AS4 as it is limited to one
way exchanges,  but could happen in ebMS3.) It is not a
reference to the PullRequest.

Examples are the non-normative part of the spec, so there is
no major issue here, but it is something that has to be
added to the list of errata to address, some time in the
future.

Pim

-----Original Message-----
From: Theo Kramer [mailto:theo@flame.co.za]
Sent: 27 May 2011 11:48
To: ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Mike O Connell
Subject: [ebxml-msg] Problem with pull

ebms core 3 part 2 section 2.2.6 The One-Way/Pull MEP,
states the following

i  'To conform to this MEP the pulled User Message unit MUST
NOT include an eb:RefToMessageId element.'

ii however, in section 3.2 the pulled user message example
does contain a 'eb:RefToMessageId' element corresponding to
the pull request signal message id.

The implications of ii are as follows

o  we have to add a 'eb:RefToMessageId' to the pulled user
message unit

o  we cannot store a signed message for queuing if we have
to adjust the 'eb:RefToMessageId' as this would break the
signature.

We believe that this would also be problematic in supporting
multi-hop with signed messages.

PS - the above means that what I said at the last meeting
that we support SOAP Security Level of  sign and encrypt for
a pulled user message unit with AS4 is not correct.

Comments appreciated

--
Regards
Theo