Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Restructuring

Open authorization means unrestricted (that is, anyone that uses the right protocol gets the quote)

Of course, more restrictive policies are also supported and are generally a very good idea.

-----Original Message-----
From: Theo Kramer [mailto:theo@flame.co.za]
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 8:13 AM
To: ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Dale

Thanks for the response - to answer your question - I see nothing specified that would prevent a RFQ from being distributed over a default MPC to numerous parties, however, not sure what you mean with an open authorization policy ... do you mean authorization via non-normative means ?

My concern here is that a pull request on any MPC is open to any party who knows the MPC identity without authentication in the pull request signal message.

On 01 Jul 2011, at 3:55 PM, Moberg Dale wrote:

> The default channel behavior is not very constrained by the specification, nor are there a lot of rules about sharing a channel (multiple authorized partners). I think it would be permissible to distribute the same document to multiple authorized partners on the default channel. There is a remark about FIFO being recommended, but it is not mandated.  Bookkeeping for behavior of distributing, for example, a "request for quote" over a default channel would be implementation dependent, it seems to me. Do you see something specified that would prevent a request for quote from being distributed over a default MPC to numerous parties? Possibly such a use case could even be governed by an open authorization policy...

Regards
Theo