Subject: RE: Working on AS4 Profile ticket and encountered some issues that need your attention

Just wanted to keep the TC in the loop.

Chet and I exchanged some emails and I'm working to make the changes that have been suggested below.

Thanks
Makesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Chet Ensign [mailto:chet.ensign@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 1:13 PM
To: Makesh Rao (marao); Sander Fieten; ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Anne Hendry; TCA

Hi Makesh, hi Sander,

We have started work on your request for the AS4 Profile of ebMS 3.0
(http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TCADMIN-870 and
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TCADMIN-871) and we have run into two issues.

1. The approval in your minutes says "Dale moves the motion to approve the current AS4 WD 25 to CSD 5 ..." and "Package: CSD, XSLT, example document in appendix. (sample folder)." It doesn't include links for the files the TC is approving.

We need to have the Kavi URLs for the document(s) being approved included in the motions to approve working drafts for processing and the same URLs included in the ticket requesting the CSD and public review. That is to ensure that anyone can connect the dots from what the TC approved to what we ultimate publish in the OASIS Library as well as be assurred that everyone on the TC knew what they were voting for. Language like...

"Dale moves the motion to approve the current AS4 WD 25 (contained in
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/committees/download.php/45124) as CSD 5 and request the chairs to submit a request to TC admin to upload the CSD. Sander seconds it. No other discussions on this.
Approved & adopted unanimously that we make the working draft to a Committee Specification Draft."

... will meet the need perfectly.

2. This is a more serious issue for me. The document submitted is in edit mode, with hundreds of unaccepted changes and a note in the margin on page 2. This wasn't immediately evident because display changes was turned off. I have a hard and fast rule that we don't change content only apply the cover pages. That's to avoid any confusion about who is responsible for the content of the spec. If an issue comes up with the content and we changed the file, it now muddies the waters about what may have happened.

Would you please do the following for me?

- Produce a clean copy of the Working Draft with all changes accepted and comments removed and
- Reapprove it with the link using language like the above

and then send me the link to the document & to the approval in an email. I will hold the ticket in place in the queue so that as soon as I have the clean copy from you, we will continue with the work and get it out for public review.

Thanks & let me know if you have any questions.

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-378-3472
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393