Subject: TC Admin feedback from preparation of the ebMS AS4 Profile

Members of the ebXML Messaging Services TC,

While we were preparing the AS4 profile, we came across some items
that we want to pass along for future iterations of the specification.

1. In-line citations. We noted that in-line citations such as
[ebMS3-CP] aren't linked back to the entry in the References section.
Most specs link these types of references. We also noted that they are
sometimes bolded, sometimes not and thought that inconsistency might
confuse some readers.

2. We noted a number of broken links in the spec document. Many of
these turn out to be links to faux URLs on the OASIS website (e.g.
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/push) or to
docs.oasis-open.org (e.g.
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-msg/ebms/v3.0/ns/core/200704/responder).
The narrative explains that these are only meant to be identifiers,
not links, however they are coded as live links in the document. They
are broken links in the document and may give readers an incorrect
expectation about what they can find on the web site.

3. We also noted some links where the URL appears in black but the
link is indeed intended to be live, e.g.:

    4.3 Processing Mode Parameter being present with the value
http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope/role/ultimateReceiver

In that one, the link is colored black.

I hope this feedback is helpful for future iterations of the AS4 Profile.

Best,

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393

TC Administration information and support is available at
http://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tcadmin

Follow OASIS on:
LinkedIn:    http://linkd.in/OASISopen