Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] What's the best practice to report an business level error with AS4?

Pim,

Thanks for the clear explanation, which definitely helps me a lot.

Rong

From: ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Pim van der Eijk
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 2:27 AM
To: ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org; 'Makesh Rao'

Hello Rong,

The ebBP signal messages can be used with ebMS3 as they can be used with ebMS2.  The difference with the ebMS3/AS4 receipt signals are that those are generated by the MSH and are SignalMessage elements in the eb:Messaging container.  The ebBP signals,  if they are generated by some application or middleware to express positive or negative acceptance or an application level receipt,  would be carried as payloads for UserMessage elements as they would be submitted to the responding MSH, rather than generated in it.  They would have the same Service but a different Action in the message header.

E.g. if there is a service "Ordering" with an action "PlaceOrder",  an acceptance response signal could have actions "AcceptOrderPlacement" or "RejectOrderPlacement" and a value for RefToMessageId set to the accepted user message.  If the order is positively accepted and an OrderResponse document is generated (from an XML business document/vocabulary standard like UBL or GS1), that document could be returned in a second response message.   Alternatively, a common practice is to only use negative acceptance for generic failures like schema validation (or even non-wellformedness) and use the business response from the business document standard to include the other acceptance cases. This way there is only one response,  either the generic negative acceptance (e.g. from ebBP) or a business transaction specific business response to express other negative, positive or partial acceptance.

Pim