Subject: [ebxml-msg] Conflicts in Reception Awareness Receipt

Hi Makesh and all,

One of our customer reported one issue which is about the Reception Awareness Receipt (not non-repudiation receipt).

The problem is with standard non-repudiation receipts. Here we seem to have a conflict between the ebMS core and AS4 standards. The ebMS 3.0 header schema has the following:

            <xsd:complexType name="Receipt">

                        <xsd:sequence>

                                    <xsd:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

                        </xsd:sequence>

            </xsd:complexType>

Meaning it can be any element as long as it isn’t in the same namespace as the target namespace:

##other

Elements from any namespace that is not the target namespace of the parent element containing this element can be present.

The AS4 standard (5.1.8) states: When a Receipt is to be used solely for reception awareness, the sender of the Receipt MUST contain a copy of the eb:UserMessage structure of the received AS4 message.

If this is followed it causes a problem because the namespace in the request for this element is the same as for Receipt i.e. http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-msg/ebms/v3.0/ns/core/200704/

Also in AppendixB of the AS4 standard there is a stylesheet to generate a Receipt from a Request. This generates a Receipt for a non-signed Request that has the UserMessage copied under Receipt with the same namespace, failing the schema check.

So is it already a known issue? What's your thoughts about this? As the DGI AS4 interop test is going on now I'm sure this will be an issue.

Thanks,

Rong