Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] RE: Error to use when P-Mode not found

We need to be careful,  I think many existing implementations do use 0010 for all situations where they cannot map a message,  whether it is messages with a PMode attribute value that is unknown,  or based on its UserMessage values to a configuration.    I would prefer to generalize the definition of the error to a more general "pmode lookup error".

On 11/19/2014 09:02 PM, Jacques Durand wrote:

> Based on the short descriptions it seems logical that EBMS:0010 – ProcessingModeMismatch …

That is a bit of a stretch: that error above was supposed to occur when (a) the Pmode is actually well identified and known, (b) the message does not comply with tthat Pmode.

So sure we could say that a missing Pmode (unidentified) is a corner case, for lack of a specific error.

But it seems we need a new error as that solution does not help the users to understand what happened. Something like:

EBMS:0012 MissingPmode “The MSH could not identify the Pmode for this message.”

-jacques