OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ebxml-msg message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Draft meeting minutes for May 13th meeting


Sander Fieten (chair)
Theo Kramer
Pim van der Eijk
Bram Bakx

Approval of previous minutes
Explanation on CEM (Certificate Exchange Management)

Approval of previous minutes
The meeting minutes of the April 8th are unanimously approved. 

Explanation CEM
Pim provides an explanation on an e-mail he sent to the mail list about certificate exchange messaging (CEM). There was a draft for this at the IETF but currently there no work and progress on this. Certificate exchange however is often a problem in user communities and therefor a standard would be useful. There are however different views on how to configure certificates: Some vendors/parties take a TradingPartner centric solution where other use a exchange based (agreement or P-Mode based) solution. The proposal is based on the exchanged based configuration where certificates configured in an exchange can be replaced.

Pim indicates that the ebCore TC would be the TC to standardise this. Pim would like to get comments on the posted information. Theo asks if this would be a formal specification or a committee note. Pim thinks that it would be a formal specification. Sander asks if there no other initiatives or solutions that solve this problem. WS-Trust does something similar but is very bound to web services. Theo will look within domain registry community to see if there are initiatives/standard used to solve this.

Issue #15 was discussed. It is clear that there are P-Mode parameters missing that define how to report the error. Basically there are two options: use the “bracket” approach as already specified in Core spec or extra P-Mode parameters for errors. Pim will add a comment to the issue to list which P-Mode parameters apply to reporting of errors.
On the mail list there was also a summary of a discussion with vendors on this topic. Pim will add reference in the issue to the mail list.
Theo points out that in the interop tests he has seen there are no signed error messages, and products also do not offer support for it at this date. It is also clear that in some situations the error can not be related to a P-Mode so no signing configuration is available. In such cases the error has to be sent unsigned.

Request errata document
TC members agree to start with an errata document. Chair(s) will ask TC admin to create a template document. 

Pim requests the chair(s) to ask Jamie Clark about the status of ISO approval of the ebXML specifications. 

Next meeting
The next meeting is scheduled for June 10th

Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]