Subject: Additional XML Security Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs)

Some time ago, but it's maybe not widely known so I thought I'd send an update.

IETF has published RFC 9231, Additional XML Security Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs)

This RFC adds identifiers for many newer algorithms that did not exist when XML Signature, XML Encryption, WS-Security, RegRep, ebXML Messaging and AS4 were written. This includes the EdDSA signature algorithms Ed25519 and Ed448 and the related X25519 and X448 key agreement algorithms that are algorithms of choice for many new Internet applications and protocols but also many others.

These newly supported algorithms are well supported in security libraries for programming languages. By providing XML security URIs for them, IETF has enabled their use in the security specifications on which ebXML depends. This in turns allows users of ebXML specifications to continue using them securely for many more years. You will see some AS4 usage profiles starting to use these newer algorithms this year.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc9231/