education message

Subject: [Fwd: Re: closure of Education TC?]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: closure of Education TC?
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 09:02:55 -0500
From: "openves" <tsv@openves.org>
To: <karl.best@oasis-open.org>
CC: <education@lists.oasis-open.org>

Karl and TC membership:

In spite of our best efforts to generate the critical mass from the K12
community of practice to energize and move the EducationXML Technical
Committee process forward, we have been unable to do so. Ultimately
continuing to drive the TC from a single organization would not meet the
community values of OASIS.  I thank those dedicated few who contributed time
and resources to the process, participated in meetings and gave input.

This may have been an effort slightly ahead of its time, or the community of
practice may simply not be organized enough to make use of the resources the
TC represented.  We will look for opportunities down the road to
"re-coalesce" if the conditions are right.  In the meantime the TC brought
several new members to OASIS and I hope that they stay involved in the OASIS
community process representing PK12 interests.

Thanks to Karl and the entire OASIS staff for running a class organization.

Tom Vreeland
EducationXML TC Chair