egov-ms message

Subject: Inviting you to the eGov Workshop & Member Section Meeting

Dear Members of the OASIS eGov Member Section,

This is a reminder that the eGov Workshop will be held as part of the
OASIS Symposium on May 1 2008 in Santa Clara, Claifornia. The theme of
the Workshop is eID and Citizen-centric Administration.
You can find the programme and details on the OASIS website
http://events.oasis-open.org/home/symposium/2008/egovworkshop/

I very much hope that as many members of the eGMS will participate if
you can get to Calaifornia. The Symposium this year is focussed on
Composability in Web Services, and this is a subject that is likely to
become increasingly important in the public sector too.

You have already demonstrated your interest in eGov by joining the OASIS
eGMS. I very much hope you will get involved in our activities and
contribute your ideas to the development of the work programme. Changes
in technology challenge governments to be innovative and creative in
building e-government solutions and increasingly the public sector is
looking for partnership with major tech vendors and systems integrators
to find solutions to their most pressing problems. We hope that many
from the private enterprise sector will participate in the eGMS as well
as governmental representatives.

The eGMS will hold a plenary meeting after the Workshop. This is
scheduled at 4.00 p.m. local time, and we hope to review the planned
World Program for 2008-9. Please come and add your own views to the
discussion and influence the shape of what we can do together.

I very much hope to see you there,
Best wishes,
Carol Cosgrove-Sacks
Senior Advisor on International Standards Policy & eGov Convenor,
OASIS
www.oasis-open.org