egov-ms message

Subject: RE: [egov-comment] Records Management project

This is bouncing from the egov-comment list so have added the eGov Member Section in.

From: Colin Wallis
Sent: Monday, 15 March 2010 9:36 a.m.
To: 'Paul Spencer'; 'Enric Staromiejski Torregrosa'; egov-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

I think the Records Management paper is on our 'wish list' and if I recall correctly was to focus on harmonisation of ontologies and standards.

There is related work going on outside OASIS, and I would point to UN/CEFACT TBG19 eGov for example, its eArchiving project.

I would do plenty of research to dig out the work in other SDO's before launching forth with a separate initiative.  I have this feeling there already is an OASIS group in a related area (albeit with a US focus) but cannot recall its name without more time to research.  And I think the EU already has project in this area?  I always favour adding to existing work than further complicating the standards world even more than it already I by starting something new, because it just ends up confusing folks and causes more harmonisation and interop work down the line.

Cheers

Colin