egov-ms message

Subject: OASIS eGOV MS : NEW GUIDANCE DOCUMENTS

To All Members

Your eGov Steering Committee (SC) has produced two new Guidance documents which are attached for your review and comment please.  These are the first in a series of documents that we intend to produce on a variety of aspects relevant to eGov matters.

1.  eGov Pitfalls - this document highlights the major pitfalls of eGov Programmes and provides advice on how to avoid and overcome these issues.  It draws on the first hand experiences of SC colleagues and references many examples of good practice.

2.  FLOSS Guidance - this document is a follow-up to our webinar last December on the subject of Open Source.  It also draws on the first hand experiences of SC colleagues and references many examples of good practice.

Could I please ask you to let me have any general views, detailed comments, suggestions for additional content, etc by 6th April.  The SC will then consider all proposed changes at their next meeting on 12th April and look to approve and publish the documents for public consumption soon thereafter.

Regards
John Borras

Chair eGov Member Section

eGov_Pitfalls_Guidance Doc_v05.pdf