egov-ms message

Subject: Re: [egov-ms] OASIS eGOV MS : NEW GUIDANCE DOCUMENTS

John,

Agree. My experience is that the business case for a 'citizen-focused'
Electronic Government is real and material, in fact, it drives the
quest. Unfortunately, the mis-direction and multiple restarts in policy
and politics have been the obstacle organizations face when trying to
recognize the enormous potential ROI. It is no secret that a significant
investment is needed to begin, inconsistent governance continually
extends the investment period. I believe this is clearly due to the lack
of a rigorous systems engineering approach, causing governance to be
subjective and actually 'dis-enabling' interoperability.

I am hoping that organization like OASIS and FiXs can pick up from where
the bureaucracy has stalled and drive success.