egov-ms message

Subject: Re: [egov-ms] OASIS eGOV MS : NEW GUIDANCE DOCUMENTS

Hi John,
> Thanks for the feedback.  Whilst of course our paper is not just about the USA experiences, many of the pitfalls we have indentified are relevant to them as you have indicated, eg lack of single vision, no central governance, no one driving change, personal agendas, etc.  So there are lessons for USA Gov folk in this paper, as there are for many other Governments around the world.  Whether
Do we have a way to understand what China, Japan, and Korea are
doing with respect to eGovernment?  In some of the global forums
dealing with next generation networks and infrastructure  -
especially for mobile devices - CJK have the largest representations
and contributions, as well as substantial economic leverage.

I was in Dubai a couple of weeks ago, and impressed there with
the use of all manner of multimedia for access to information
for their new metro rail system - much better than that in the
local DC area for its system.

France and Switzerland of course, have marvelous on-line
systems across the entire array of transport systems.

--tony