egov-ms message

Subject: EU Consultation on European Interop Strategy

To All Members

The eGov MS Steering Committee plans to respond to the consultation on the new European Interoperability Strategy, see details below.  If Members have any particular views or opinions they would like us to incorporate in our response please let me have them by the end of next week, 26th March.

Regards
John Borras
Chair eGov Member Section

See:  http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/document/7854

Objective:
Since 2009 the European Commission has been working on the elaboration
of the European Interoperability Strategy for European Public Services
in close cooperation with the concerned Commission services and with the
Members States as well as with the Candidate Countries and EEA Countries
as observers.

*The main objectives of the European Interoperability Strategy for
European Public Services are:*

    * to identify commonalities and areas of shared interest at Member
      State and EU level
    * to establish consensus around a strategic action plan for
      interoperability, to be implemented in the coming years by both
      the EU Member States and the Commission.

The Consultation closes on April 4th 2010.