egov-ms message

Subject: Re: [egov-ms] EU Consultation on European Interop Strategy

Hello John,

I have one but rather important request to formulate here, as I believe it is vital for this document : Because of various delays and watering down of other recommendations and other types of documents issued by the European Commission we find ourselves in a situation where no clear direction is being set and imprecise notions are causing confusion and lack of applicability and understanding of european policy.

With respect to the EIS then, I would like the eGov Steering Committee to make a clear request to the Commission to define more precisely what they mean by Open Standards.

Another, indirectly related but welcome inclusion would be to ask for a better consideration of the OASIS and other similar SDOs status with respect of their standing with the commission. I do not believe, but I don't think I'm the only one here, that the EUCOM can carry on considering the ETSI, the CEN - CENELEC and the ITU as their "first tier" standardization referrals. This does not reflect the ongoing changes in the state of the art of digital standards.

Best Regard,

Charles.

Le 18 mars 2010 à 15:56, John Borras a écrit :

> To All Members
>
> The eGov MS Steering Committee plans to respond to the consultation on the new European Interoperability Strategy, see details below.  If Members have any particular views or opinions they would like us to incorporate in our response please let me have them by the end of next week, 26th March.
>
> Regards
> John Borras
> Chair eGov Member Section

> See:  http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/document/7854
>
> Objective:
> Since 2009 the European Commission has been working on the elaboration
> of the European Interoperability Strategy for European Public Services
> in close cooperation with the concerned Commission services and with the
> Members States as well as with the Candidate Countries and EEA Countries
> as observers.
>
> *The main objectives of the European Interoperability Strategy for
> European Public Services are:*
>
>    * to identify commonalities and areas of shared interest at Member
>      State and EU level
>    * to establish consensus around a strategic action plan for
>      interoperability, to be implemented in the coming years by both
>      the EU Member States and the Commission.
>
> The Consultation closes on April 4th 2010.

Charles-H. Schulz
Associé / Founding Partner,
Ars Aperta